Chinese University Program is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. It only supports graduate students.
I Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language
1. Supporting Category. This scholarship only supports graduate students.
2. Duration. This scholarship only supports master’s students or doctoral students for no more than 3 academic years. The scholarship covers major study as specified in the Admission Letter.
3. Instruction Language
Scholarship students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable. （Program Search can help you find the brochure by visiting http://oisa.shisu.edu.cn）.
II Scholarship Coverage
The Chinese University Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item.
III Where and When to Apply Where to Apply
Apply to the Office of International Student Affairs of SISU before March 31st, 2016.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
l be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
l be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
V Application Procedure
Step 1 - Apply directly to SISU.
Step 2 - Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students （Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in）, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a hard copy. The Agency Number of SISU is 10271.
Step 3 - Submit all your application documents to SISU before the deadline.
NOTE: Only applications of recommended candidates from designated Chinese universities will be considered by CSC.
VI Application Documents （in duplicate）
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship （written in Chinese or English）;
2.Application Form for International Student (Degree program), available at http://www.oisa.shisu.edu.cn/Default.aspx?tabid=856 Note: Please make sure you give a correct email address to get effective contact.
3. Passport copy.
4. Notarized highest diploma; Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
5. Academic transcripts （written in Chinese or English）; Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
6. A Study Plan or Research Proposal （written in Chinese or English）; This should be a minimum of 800 words.
7. Two Recommendation Letters （written in Chinese or English）; Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor.
8. Foreigner Physical Examination Form （photocopy） （written in English, can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org）; The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
9. The copy of valid HSK Certificate （if available）.
10. 4 Passport photos (5cm×4cm)
11. Application fee: 800 RMB (or 130 USD).
All documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order of 6.1 to 6.9. (You should submit TWO sets of bound documents) including the voucher of remittance must be sent by registered or express mail to the Office of International Student Affairs, Shanghai International Studies University. No application documents will be returned.
★ Application fee is non-refundable, payable in cash or remittance (T/T). A remittance with student’s name must be made payable to:
Shanghai International Studies University
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Shanghai Shangwai Sub-Branch
566 West Dalian Road, Shanghai, P. R. China
★ Please be advised not to enclose any cash in your mail.
1. Academic Master’s Degree: International Trade, International Politics, International Relations, Diplomacy, Political Education, Educational Technology, Linguistics & Applied Linguistics, Modern & Contemporary Chinese Literature, Foreign Linguistics & Applied Linguistics, Translation Studies, Journalism, Communications， Business Management, Finance, Chinese and Foreign Political Systems, Adult Education, Chinese Language and Philology, Ancient Chinese Literature, Technical Economics and Management, Applied Statistics, International Public Administration, Pedagogy of Physical Education, Language Strategies and Policies, Advertising., Public Relations, Curriculum and Theory of Instruction.
2. Professional Master’s Degree: Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Finance and, Juris Master and Juris Master(Suitable for Bachelor of Laws).
3. Doctor’s Degree: Foreign Linguistics & Applied Linguistics , Translation Studies, International Relations , International Politics, Diplomacy , Asian-African Language and Literature, Middle Eastern Studies, Language Strategies and Policies, Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages, China Studies, Area Studies.
4. All English M.A. programs: International Relations, China Studies, Journalism(Global Media & Public Communication)
VIII Scholarship Confirmation
1. SISU reviews the application documents, organize the network entrance examinations and decides the nominated candidates.
2. Nominated candidates will get Chinese Government Scholarships to study in China with approval of the CSC.
3. CSC reserves the rights to decide the host university for scholarship recipients with multiple offers. Each scholarship recipient—even when admitted by multiple universities—will be granted no more than one scholarship.
4. The CSC reviews eligibility and qualifications of nominated candidates, approves the List of Scholarship Recipients, and sends the admission documents to universities before June 30th. University sends the admission documents （List of Scholarship Recipients, Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China （JW201）） to scholarship recipients
5. Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
6. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
IX. Studies begin in September, 2016.
X. Contact Information of SISU
Office of International Student Affairs
Shanghai International Studies University
Room 202, Teaching Building 2
550 Dalian Road (W), Shanghai 200083, P. R. China
Tel: 86-21-65360599, 35372961 or 35372963
Fax: 86-21-65313756; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web Site: http://oisa.shisu.edu.cn/