Shanghai International Studies University
Foreign Self-funded Student Scholarship（Trial Implementation Edition）
The scholarship is for exceptional foreign students studying at Shanghai International Studies University. It aims to encourage foreign students to study diligently and promote their overall development.
The application process for scholarship and assessment of applicants is exercised under the principles of openness, fairness and justice.
Who can apply and application period
Distinguished Foreign Self-funded Student who are studying or enrolled and are going to study at Shanghai International Studies University for degree programs including Undergraduate, Master and Doctoral degree pursuers can apply for the scholarship.
For applicants who are enrolled and are going to study at Shanghai International Studies University, the deadline for applying is June 30.
For students who are already studying at Shanghai International Studies University, the deadline for applying is September 30.
Requirements for Application
1. Applicants must be foreign students.
2. Applicants must abide by the laws and rules of Chinese Government, observe school principles and regulations.
3. Applicants must have clear goals of study, be diligent and hardworking with outstanding academic achievements.
4. Applicants must act with high integrity.
The applicant must not have any other Chinese Government or scholarships at the same time.
Categories of Scholarship
1. A Class Scholarship: 30000RMB per year for one student. Open to foreign student who wish to study towards a Doctoral degree.
2. B Class Scholarship: 20000RMB per year for one student. Open to foreign student who wish to study towards a Bachelor, Master or Doctoral degree.
3. C Class Scholarship: 5000RMB per year for one student. Open to foreign student who wish to study towards a Bachelor, Master or Doctoral degree.
Assessment Committee of the International Student Scholarship of Shanghai International Studies University is responsible for scholarship assessment. Office of International Student Affairs is responsible for collecting application documents, publishing the results and other assistant work related to the scholarship application.
Documents provided by applicants will be assessed comprehensively by the Committee based on applicant’s achievement in test, attendance and overall performance at Shanghai International Studies University.
The procedure of assessment strictly follows guidelines under principles of openness, fairness and justice.
Step 1.Applicatns fill and submit Application Form for Shanghai International Studies University Scholarship to Office of International Student Affairs before the deadline of application.
Step 2: The Committee reviews the documents provided by applicants and assess applicant based on their achievement in test, attendance and overall performance at Shanghai International Studies University. Interviews will be organized if necessary, and then makes preliminary decisions on the scholarship winners.
Step 3: Publishing of preliminary name list of scholarship winners to the public.
Step 4: Final reviewing and scholarship issuing. The preliminary name list and other necessary documents will be submitted to the relevant department for final assessments, certificates and scholarship will be issued afterwards.
The Assessment Committee of the International Student Scholarship of Shanghai International Studies University is entitled for explanation of these regulations.
These rules shall go into effect as of the date of promulgation.
School of Chinese Studies and Exchange, SISU
Assessment Criteria and Methods for “Outstanding Students Award” and “Diligent Students Award”
March, 2, 2012 (Pilot Edition)
Our school sets up “Outstanding Students Award” and “Diligent Students Award” for every semester.
Ⅰ. Applicants’ eligibility
1. Abide by school regulations
2. For undergraduate students, sick leave and casual leave must be no more than 8 periods (including 8 periods) during one semester.
3. For Chinese Language Program students, sick leave and casual leave must be no more than 4 periods (including 4 periods) during one semester.
4. Average academic score must be above 80 (including 80).
Ⅱ. Assessment methods
1. Undergraduate students are assessed according to their grade and major (Chinese Language or International Economy and Trade), while Chinese Language Program students are assessed according to their level.
2. Eligible students will be sorted in descending order based on their average academic score.
3. Awards winners will cover 11% of students in their grade or level, among whom, 4% will be Outstanding Students Award winners and 7% will be Diligent Students Award winners.
Ⅲ. Results Announcement
1. For undergraduate students, the result will be announced during the second week at the beginning of next semester. For senior students, the result of the second semester will be announced on the graduation ceremony.
2. For Chinese Language Program students, the result will be announced at the end of each semester when they get their academic record.
Ⅳ. Our school also provides special reward for students who have won municipal or national awards.
1. The number of award winners will be determined by the proportion mentioned above and decimals will be rounded off.
2. For Intensive Chinese Language Program students, sick leave and casual leave must be no more than 8 periods (including 8 periods).
3. Students should submit the written request for leave before hand. Under exceptional circumstances, the written request can be submitted to the Office of Academy within a week after the leave. Sick-leave certificate should be submitted to the Office of Academy within a week after the leave.
4. Short-term students cannot participate in the above awards assessment.