1. Training Courses
There are 20 academic hours every week (each academic hour lasts for 45 minutes).
1. Basic Chinese Language Courses (in the morning) include Comprehensive Chinese (grammar, conversation, and Chinese characters), Chinese Listening Comprehension, Chinese Reading and Chinese Conversation of various levels.
2. Free-charged Elective Courses (in the afternoon) include：
- Courses, not required Chinese basis, such as Chinese Characters Writing, Calligraphy, Taijiquan, Paper Cutting, Chinese Elocution, Chinese Language Partners；
- Courses, required Chinese basis, such as HSK Tutoring, Chinese Modern History, Modern Literature, Security Investment, International Investment, Chinese-Foreign Cultural Exchange History, E-Business;
- English-taught courses on Chinese studies: Corporate Finance, Social Problems in Contemporary China, International Economic Law, Principles of Accounting, Multinational Corporation Management, Inter-Cultural Communication Theory and Practice, Trade Related Business Communication, Doing Business in China, Backgrounds of Chinese Civilization, Introduction to Chinese Legal System, Chinese Environment Law, Chinese Economy, Chinese Labor Law, Chinese History and Culture, Introduction of Chinese Philosophy, Investment in China, China and Africa, China and International Organizations, Chinese IP Law. 10 courses are available each semester. Students can select 2 courses in one semester. A certificate of China Studies will be awarded to the student who selects and passes exams of at least 3 courses.
2. Application deadline and study period
Spring semester is December 31; Autumn semester is June 30
Spring semester is from February 25 to 26; Autumn semester is from August 28 to 30.
Spring semester is from March 4, 2019 to June 28, 2019; certificates can be claimed on June 30, 2019.
Autumn semester is from September 9, 2019 to January 3, 2020; certificates can be claimed on January 5, 2020.
There are 20 teaching hours per week (1 teaching hour equals to 45 minutes).
★Short term transfer student: Applicants who want to join long term language program, study period will be around one to three months. Please refer to the admission letter for the exact study period.
Applications are open to foreign citizens with reliable financial support and stability who are senior-high-school graduates with an age between 18 and 50 (16 and 60 for short term transfer students) and in good health.
4. Application Document and Procedures:
1) SISU Application Form (Non-Degree Programs)
2) Photocopy of diploma
3) Photocopy of passport.
4) 2 passport photos (5cm * 4cm).
5) Application fee: 450 RMB (or overseas transfer of 75 USD).
1) Fill in the application form online, download and print the form and sign your name. (http://www.oisa.shisu.edu.cn)
2) Submit all the application documents to Office of International Student Affairs, Shanghai International Studies University. (Address: Room 202, Teaching Building 2, 550 West Dalian Road, Shanghai 200083, P. R. China)
★ Application fee is non-refundable, submitted documents are also not retrievable.
★ Please be advised not to enclose any cash in your mail.
1) Bank Remittance
★Please indicate the applicants name in the remittance details.
★Accepted or not, application fee is non-refundable.
2) RMB Cash Payment
SISU financial office in Administrative Building
Monday to Thursday 8:30-10:30/13:30-15:00
5. Tuition and Fees (in RMB)
Length of Program Tuition Application Fee
One semester 9,200 450
One year 18,400 450
One month 3,700 450
Two months 6,000 450
Three months 7,600 450
Tuition fees include teaching material fees. Tuition fee and application fee are non-refundable.
Short term transfer students can’t book for school dormitory, please make your own arrangements for accommodation.