1. Majors Offered:
1) Chinese taught Doctoral program: Interdisciplinary Regional Studies, Interdisciplinary Language Data Science and Applications, Russian Language and Literature, Japanese Language and Literature, Arabic Languages and Literatures, Asian African Language and Literature, Language Policy and Language Education, Foreign Linguistics and Applied Linguistics, Translation Studies, Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages, Comparative Literature and Cross-cultural Studies, Global Communication, Political Theory, International Politics, International Relations, Diplomacy, Middle Eastern Studies, China Studies, Comparative Politics and Regional Studies.
2) English taught Doctoral program: China Studies, Global Communication
★For detailed information, please visit the homepage of our Graduate School: http://yz.shisu.edu.cn/
2. Application and Length of Program:
Application deadline: May 15, 2021.
Length of program: 4 years, Full-time
1) Chinese taught Doctoral program: Applications are open to foreign citizens with reliable financial support and stability who are university graduates with a completed master’s degree and in good health. Applicants must have Chinese proficiency of HSK 5 (a total of no less than 180) or provide documents of studying Chinese for one year. In the meantime, a good command of English which meets the requirements of degree studies is also required.
2) English taught Doctoral program: Applications are open to foreign citizens with reliable financial support and stability who are university graduates with a completed master’s degree and in good health. Applicants’ command of English should meet the requirements of degree studies.
★During the school time in SISU, students should not participate in any other degree-seeking programs at any other universities in China from September 2021.
★ If you studied or lived in China before, you should not have any record of violation of laws or disciplines.
4. Entrance Examinations:
Entrance examination includes written and oral test, is held from late March till early June. The exact examination date and place will be informed via e-mail by the Graduate School of SISU.
5. Application Documents and Procedures:
1) Contact supervisor for PhD Applicants at SISU and get acceptance letter from supervisor. Please download the form at: http://www.oisa.shisu.edu.cn/index.php/index/download_sys/url/%252F..%252FUploads%252F2020-03-02%252Fimge%252F5e5c6d1942654.pdf.html
2) Fill in the application form online (http://apply.shisu.edu.cn)
3) Diploma and academic record in original or notarized copy in English or Chinese. Applicants, who are about to graduate, can submit a certification of upcoming graduation.
4) Photocopy of HSK certificate
5) Photocopy of passport.
6) Personal statement, about 1000 words, written in Chinese or in the language which meets the academic requirement of the program, including study and work experience, research results and study plan.
7) The index and abstract of published papers and any other materials to certify your research abilities.
8) Two recommendation letters from professors. (original version in Chinese or English should be submitted)
9) Certificate of No Criminal Conviction
10) Pay application fee online: 800 RMB (or overseas transfer of 130 USD, upload payment voucher).
★ If necessary, SISU will require applicants to submit some additional materials.
★Application fee and application documents cannot be returned once you submit.
6. Tuition and Fees (in RMB):
28000 RMB per year